Thursday, October 21, 2010

Red Ribbon Week

Red Ribbon Week is an annual event in which red ribbons are worn as a reminder to children, families and communities to take a stand against drug use through education and by pledging to live a drug-free life in order to create a healthier, safer and drug-free America.


Enjoy some of our work from Red Ribbon week.



Michael:  If drugs are illegal and you're not sick the cops will take you to jail.


Samuel:  Smoking drugs is illegal because you might get sick or die.  Smoking cigarettes is also bad for you because you might die.  If you smoke drugs and if the police see you the police officer will take you to jail.


Sophia:  Drugs are bad for kids and for grown-ups, too.  I think we should say no to drugs.  Why would a person do that?  Drugs can get you sick or die.  That's why I say we will say no to drugs!




Why will you be drug free?  

Angelo: Because I don't want to get really sick.

Mia: Because I don't want drugs on me.

Mrs. Lewis: Because drugs are terrible for your body and terrible for your mind.

Mrs. Keating:  Because I want to be in control of my destiny.

Elizabeth:  Because they are bad for your body.

Yara:  I don't want to be drunk.

Rodney:  Because it's bad for us.

2 comments:

  1. Those are really great comments about drugs. Go Rangers and try not to step on Mrs. Walker's foot.

    Randy Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading you stories and looking at your pictures. Keep up the great work!
    I say alot of CrAzY hAiR today!!

    ReplyDelete