Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pencil Balancing

Balancing a pencil on the tip

Caitlin M: I put the wire on the pencil low and put the clips on the wire and then put the pencil on the popsicle stick and it never fell.

Alejandra: I needed a wire and clothes pins and I put one wire and two clothes pins on the end.

Lizzy: First I had to spin the wire around the pencil, then put the clips.  Then I put it on the clip.

Andrew: My teacher wrapped the pencil.  I did the rest.  I put the clips on the ends of the wire.  Then I balanced it.





We love Science.
The pencil balanced on our fingers.





The pencil also balanced on the edge of the table.

We write about our Science experiments.


7 comments:

  1. What a great balancing act, 2nd graders!!!
    Love, Mrs. Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balancing! You guys did a great job. Thank you for sharing all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a neat experiment. Can you balance it on your nose? Love, Mrs.Kolendo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked balancing the pencils with the wire and drawing a picture of balancing the pencil."

    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved watching everyone try to figure out how to balance their pencils. I have some smart second graders, everyone figured out how to balance the pencils.

    Love,

    Ms. Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Balancing looks like fun! I just put a plate on my head and walked around the living room while it stayed on my head. Now, I'm going to try and put 5 plates on my head.

    Oooh, this is harder.... moving a little to the right, now a bit back to the lefffft, now forward......

    Oooooooohhhhhh!

    **CRASH**BOING***CRASH**

    Uh-oh Mrs Walker is going to be upset when she gets home tonight. :(

    Randy Walker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the pictures of you all balancing pencils! You are super creative scientist! I am proud of you ALL! Keep up the great job.
    Love,
    Mrs. Lewis

    ReplyDelete