Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fact Families


Lions, Zebras, and Ghost oh my! Our Fact Family Houses were full of all kinds of animals and creatures! Second grade this week created houses full of facts and created stories to go along with their fact family.
A Fact Family is a group of addition facts together with the related subtraction. For example, 5 + 6 = 11, 6 + 5 = 11, 11 -5 = 6, and 11- 6 = 5
After we created our fact family houses we adventured outside and drew our families on the sidewalk with chalk. We love being able to show our amazing math skills everywhere we go.





6 comments:

  1. I love your fact family stories! Very creative!
    :-)Miss Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixing math, writing, and chalk looks like a fun way to learn. Who can give me the fact family for 8, 9, and 17?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking at your work by the play ground! Man you guys are so SMART!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to learn fact families in different ways. I love the fact family stories and anythime you can learn outside is great!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone did such a great job on their fact families this week. I can not wait to go outside and learn other exciting lessons with everyone.

    Love,

    Ms. Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking fact families. Keep up the good work, I know Ms. Bishop has some fun stuff planned for yall. So keep doing great on your work and be on your best behavior so you don't miss out....and maybe you will see me up there helping yall with one of the fun adventures Ms. Bishop has planned.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete