Thursday, September 16, 2010

Interesting Writing

Our classes are practicing making our writing interesting.  This week we learned three ways to begin a story that will make our readers want to continue reading.


First is to use a SOUND to start our story.  "Splash!  My friend did a cannon ball into the swimming pool."


Second is to begin with an EXCITING STATEMENT.  "Emma raced across the room to the fireplace and grabbed the green birthday gift bag."


Last, we learned to use TALKING at the beginning of our writing.  "Yum!  This cupcake is delicious."


Next week we will be working on the stories some more.









3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I can't wait to read the stories!

    Randy Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning some great story starters. I will be looking for your stories to read. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Those things do make your writing more interesting. Can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete